Crozer-Keystone Health System is proud to join the
Here are a few ways to “Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day” from the food and nutrition experts at the
· Personalize your eating style: The easiest way to get the nutrients your body needs is to eat healthy foods you enjoy. Finding good-for-you foods that please your taste makes eating healthfully special and exciting.
· Eat for your lifestyle: Athletic, vegetarian/vegan, corporate and family lifestyles all have special nutritional needs, but eating right can be easy and tasty with attention to those foods that best help get you through the day.
· Incorporate cultural and ethnic traditions: Foods from around the globe often incorporate an abundance of unique, flavorful and nourishing ingredients. Keep traditions alive and bring the world to your family’s table.
· Keep health concerns in mind: A healthful eating plan can help prevent and treat a variety of health concerns. With some changes to recipes and a little self-control, you can still enjoy many of your favorite foods while meeting your nutritional needs and health goals.
· Make MyPlate your plate: Fill half of your plate with your favorite fruits and vegetables; keep protein portions lean and about three ounces; make at least half of your grain choices whole grains; and be sure to include low-fat or fat-free dairy.
As part of this public education campaign, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ National Nutrition Month website ( http://www.eatright.org/nnm/) includes a variety of helpful tips, fun games, promotional tools and nutrition education resources, all designed to spread the message of good nutrition around the “Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day” theme.