Facts About Blood:
• More than 38,000 blood donations are needed each day.
• Blood can be separated into at least three components: red blood cells, plasma, and platelets.
• Just one blood donation can help save up to three lives.
• 60% of the U.S. population is eligible to give blood, but only 5 % actually donate.
• Blood and blood products are perishable. Donated red blood cells must be used within 42 days of collection
A blood donation truly is a “gift of life” that a healthy individual can give to others who are sick or injured.
Continue your holiday giving and donate now!
To learn more about blood donation visit www.aabb.org.
To find areas in your community where you can donate blood, visit https://www.membersforlife.org/pennj/schedule/bdc_zip.php to search by zip code.