Delaware County Literacy Council is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free classes and tutoring to adults who want improve their literacy or English language skills in order to complete their GED, transition to postsecondary education, get or keep a job, or attain US citizenship.
DCLC is hiring two part-time ESL Instructors to teach Monday and Wednesday evenings in Upper Darby.
The role of the ESL Instructor is to develop and implement a best-practice based curriculum rooted in the real-life needs of English language learners.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepare and deliver ESL curriculum in classroom setting. Lessons must address real-life goals including attainment of citizenship, getting or keeping employment, and transition to GED or post-secondary education
• Monitor students progress thru use of CASAS assessments.
• Attend Teachers meetings and professional development as approved by supervisor.
• Submit monthly lesson plans and key student data, including attendance, goal attainment, and barriers to participation.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Non-essential Job Functions
Support DCLC special events.
Minimum bachelors degree and 2 years of work experience in ESL instruction.
• Knowledge of adult education assessments.
• Ability to support students in connecting to support service.
To apply for a part-time ESL Instructor position, please forward resume and coverletter to Kate Hyzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.